Call For …
Once more, ASQ Vancouver is looking to recognize a local business for their Quality Management efforts!
The award was developed by the Section Leadership Team of ASQ Vancouver in 2014 to highlight companies operating within British Columbia that advance the ideal of Quality being the differentiator in good business practices. The award is based on four key areas: Quality Focus, Customer Focus, Education Focus and overall Business Excellence. Companies in BC are encouraged to submit an application outlining how their company excels in these areas. The submissions will then be judged by a panel consisting of business leaders and quality management professionals. The winner will be announced at our 2015 Conference on May 28, 2015.
In 2014, at the 25th Anniversary celebration, ASQ Vancouver awarded the first ever ASQ Vancouver Quality and Business Excellence Award to Avcorp Industries! You can read more about their win here:http://pw21.startlogic.com/wp-conf/
Interested to nominate your company? Please read the criteria details and then fill out the nomination form. We look forward to hearing the great things your company has done and continues to do in advancing Quality within British Columbia!
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Invitation to Speakers
ASQ Vancouver 2nd Annual Quality and Business Excellence Conference
“Creating Value through Quality”
Dear Prospective Speaker,
ASQ Vancouver is soliciting proposals for presentations from various speakers for its second annual conference taking place on Thursday, May 28, 2015. This is a great opportunity for any speaker to be able to share his/her ideas and to contribute to the profession of quality management in Greater Vancouver Area.
The conference main theme is “Creating Value through Quality”. This day-long conference is expected to have 100-150 attendees and is designed to maximize the audience for any given speaker.
Presenters may represent companies, private or governmental organizations, or simply their own businesses.
Topics for the ASQ Vancouver 2nd annual conference will focus on the application of techniques and other successful case studies in creating value through quality.
The following industries are welcome to present their knowledge and ideas in the conference:
- Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Consulting Services
- Education and Professional Development
- Food Packaging and Safety
- Government agencies
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
- Service Industry
- Small Business
Presentations, workshops and case studies may be presented on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- ISO 9001 Changes
- Six Sigma and Lean – Theory, application and success stories
- Applying Quality Tools – Theory, process and application
- Integrated QMS – 9K/14K/18K Standards
- Energy Management – ISO 50001
- Quality Measures in Non-Manufacturing Services
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Developing Excellent Business Culture / How to get buy-in
- Quality Role in the Alternative Energy Sector
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Risk Management
- Organizational Behaviour / HR
- Careers in Quality
- What Makes a good Quality Manager!
- Using social media/networking to advance the quality careers
- Quality and Innovation
- Change Management
Presentation can either be technical or non-technical. All presentations are of 50 minutes duration including Q&A. Presentations cannot exceed 50 minutes from start to finish and there will be 10 minutes break in between. This structure optimizes the use of the day and also allows more presenters to present their material. Audio visual equipment will be provided by ASQ Vancouver Section.
Presentation Submission Deadline:
January 31, 2015
Notification to Speakers:
February 28, 2014
How to Submit your Material?
Please email Moataz El-Menshawy (Nominating Chair) at nominatingchair[at]asq[dot]bc[dot]ca with the following:
- Topic to be presented with a brief overview of the presentation – Why would it benefit the attendees?
- Overview of previous experience as a presenter/instructor/trainer
- Copy of the presentation (if already available)
We look forward to receiving your proposals for presentations
For any questions, please email nominatingchair[at]asq[dot]bc[dot]ca